Saturday, October 17, 2009

Unspoken Struggles
Chapter 4

The streets are totally deserted in the early morning, with the sky above her painted a very light blue hue, Audrey slowly strolled back to her home. Her emotions were in a mess, even though she really had a lot of fun, but when she is all by herself, her mind wandered again. She was reminded of all the similar fun times she had with her ex-boyfriend.

Each step she took, tears uncontrollably fell, and her heart experiencing that familiar persistent heart wrenching pain.



A few days later, Vernon just knocked off from his work, and he received a call from Audrey.

“Hey Vernon, you knocked off already? Are you free now?”

“Ya, I just knocked off, and I don’t have anything on, why?”

“Want to ask if you can accompany me, I just don’t want to be alone, I now at Ang Mo Kio.”
Vernon listened to her voice and can hear that she was crying.

“Hey, are you alright? I come over right now.”



Vernon rushed over to Ang Mo Kio immediately after the call.

As he saw her from afar, he hurried towards her. It was very obvious that she had cried rather badly. She was leaning against the railing, looking daze, her eyes were red and teary still, from all the crying.

Vernon went up to her, “Hey, what happened? Are you alright? Anything just tell me alright?”

Audrey looked up at him with her teary eyes, she was trying to hold back her tears.

“I tried to forget about him, I tried so hard, I thought I could do it. But everything that I do just seems to remind myself about him even more. Why must I be so weak, I told myself to not to think about him anymore, but I just couldn’t!”

With that, Audrey knew she can’t hold back her tears anymore, an outburst of emotions, Audrey hug onto Vernon and started crying uncontrollably.

At that point of time, Vernon’s heart really went out to her, his heart ached when seeing her in such a state. He told himself that he will do anything just to make her smile again.

“You are not weak, I believe you can do it, just that you need time. It takes time to heal, just know that you are not alone. I know it is not going to be easy, that is why I will always be around. If not, I also won’t be here now, right?” On hearing that, Audrey stopped crying and looked up at Vernon.

“I know what can we do, come, I bring you to a place.” Vernon suddenly thought of an idea. He held on to her hand and pulled her along, squeezing their way through the crowd. Audrey for a moment she really feel that she was not alone going through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home