Sunday, October 07, 2007

Endless Regrets
Chapter 8

The park holds an important meaning to both of us. It was this place, that brought us together, with all the sweet memories. It really marks the love we shared.

It was in that park that we first got together. It was there where we spent our time holding hands together strolling and cherish each other. It was there where we shared our first kiss. It was there where I play and sang the song I wrote for her personally with my guitar, which touched her to tears. It was there where we always had to pass by when everytime I sent her home. And it was the place where I held her hand and made a promise to her that, I will love her with everything I have.

The care and love we shared with each other was so real and tangible. She was someone whom I really wanted to take care of. But of course we both had our own problems to solve together too.

In the beginning, we knew we will undergo alot of objection if our relationship is going to be official. Therefore, we keep our relationship under wraps and wait for the right time to reveal it to everyone.

This kind of underground relationship was really a toll on both of us, as we had to becareful not being found out. So everytime we went out on a date, we must make sure we are always on a high alert to not to bump into anyone we knew. These run and hide days were so tiring, but because for the sake of our future, we really had to endure it.

But sooner or later, no matter how well you hide it from people, it will be exploited no matter what one day. Half a year after the running and hiding, one day, we were totally caught off-guarded. We were at a void deck near her home, accompany her studying. It was then, when one of her friends, a classmate in her school, saw us together. And that was the start of the never ending problems and objections. Family members, friends, classmates, all out of a sudden, even when it was not their business, came and object our relationship. Some say, I am affecting her school work, some say we are not matured to handle a relationship at all, etc and etc.

It was really a very tough time for us, our limits were really being stretched to the max. It lasted for another half a year. In that half year, because of the intensive pressure, arguments broke forth, and there was so many times we were on the verge to break up. But we stood firm.

She is a very strong girl. It really took alot effort and patience for her to stood by me even when there are times, I knew I don't deserve everythat that she had done for me. Having such a girlfriend, it was really my fortune. She is all that I asked for. She really touched me with her unconditional love, patience and understanding. I never knew anyone who really had sacrificed so much for me, been through the thick and thin with me.

When such a nice girlfriend stood by me, you may ask, why in the end I still had regrets?

I regret I never cherish her, and yet took her for granted. She sacrifice her time, her effort, her relationship with her family, friends just for me. Yet in the end all that I did was hurt her heart in such an intolerable way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home